- My brother was Muslim, and he was killed by people who pretend to be Muslims. They are terrorists, that's it.
- The first person Marco Rubio thanks in acknowledgments of [his] new book: ‘My Lord, Jesus Christ.’ The second? ‘My very wise lawyer, Bob Barnett.’
- What if Christians were held accountable for their words and acts in the United States? What if every time Pat Robertson uttered another nonsensical comment about gays causing hurricanes the National Council of Churches, the National Association of Evangelicals and the U.S. Conference of Roman Catholic Bishops were forced to parade in front of the cameras and issue apologetic statements because a Christian pastor had once again dehumanized children of God, who are still victims of hate crimes in this nation?
- Hashtags from horrific events may not fix what's happening, but [hashtags] #illridewithyou & #IndiawithPakistan provide glimmers of hope in dark times.
- On this day long ago, a child was born who - by age 30 - would transform the world. Happy Birthday Isaac Newton - born Dec 25, 1642.
- Many of the naysayers out there said that Utah would never elect a black, Republican, LDS (Mormon) woman to Congress. Not only did we do it, we were the first to do it.
- There’s a prevailing idea that there’s something ethically wrong with being poor, and that America’s run according to Christian values. But when people are practicing genuine Christian values, they themselves are directly prosecuted…Let’s bear in mind that America just had midterm elections where $4 billion was spent on campaigning — [campaigning] is just telling you that something’s good. But feeding the homeless? That’s illegal.
- We're all going to make mistakes. If you're looking for a perfect candidate, he probably existed 2,000 years ago.
- The Big Bang - which today we hold to be the origin of the world - does not contradict the intervention of the divine creator, but, rather, requires it. Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation, because evolution requires the creation of beings that evolve.
- The Nazis believed in a master race. The militant Islamists believe in a master faith.
- In your choosing your own death, you are robbing those that love you with such tenderness the opportunity of meeting you in your last moments…That last kiss, that last warm touch, that last breath, matters - but it was never intended for us to decide when that last breath is breathed.
- When they beat me, they would tell me, 'You're all alone, scream as loud as you want. There is no one here to hear you’…I asked from God to die.