- It has been my great honor to participate as a judge in the effort to maintain our Constitution and the rule of law.
Justice Stephen Breyer, in his remarks to President Biden prior to retiring from the Supreme CourtJune 2022
- Let me be very clear and unambiguous: The only way we can secure a woman’s right to choose and the balance that existed is for Congress to restore the protections of Roe v. Wade as federal law.
President Joe Biden's remarks on the overturn of Roe v. WadeJune 2022
- If the right to privacy is weakened, every person could face a future in which the government can potentially interfere in the personal decisions you make about your life."
Vice President Kamala Harris on the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade.June 24, 2022
- Folks, you know, yesterday — this is not only a sunny day. I mean this from the bottom of my heart: This is going to let so much shine — sun shine on so many young women, so many young Black women — (applause) — so many minorities, that it’s real. It’s real. We’re going to look back — nothing to do with me — we’re going to look back and see this as a moment of real change in American history."
Remarks by President Biden on the historic bipartisan confirmation of Judge Jackson to be a Justice of the Supreme Court.
- And I think it's a kind of thing that a lot of folks, women of all races, have had to endure often when they get into a room that they're qualified to be in, but are yet questioned in ways that are disappointing."
Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ) speaking about Supreme Court nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson's confirmation hearings, a historical moment for the United States, as Jackson would be the first African American woman nominated to the Supreme Court.