- We all do better when we work together. Our differences do matter, but our common humanity matters more.
- Being president is like running a cemetery: you've got a lot of people under you and nobody's listening.
- As powerful as our memories are, our dreams must be even stronger. For when our memories outweigh our dreams, we become old.
- On Work Ethic
- Our problems stem from our acceptance of this filthy, rotten system.
- Delay of justice is injustice.
- Where there is power, there is resistance.
- That's the history of the world. His story is told, hers isn't."
- Organized labor is the only way to have fair distribution of wealth.
- We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it.
- Many will call me an adventurer, and that I am...only one of a different sort: one who risks his skin to prove his truths.”
- If you tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine.”