- We’re going to work something out that’s going to make people happy and proud. They got brought here at a very young age, they’ve worked here, they’ve gone to school here. Some were good students. Some have wonderful jobs. And they’re in never-never land because they don’t know what’s going to happen.
- As you already know, I have lots of thoughts about what we've done to ourselves as a country and what we've allowed to happen. But we'll see where this goes. Whether you want to say it's good or bad is irrelevant. But it was Keystone Kops, and that's scary.
- We must give these countries hope for the future. We must also push them to adopt better governance.
- We will build a great wall along the southern border. And Mexico will pay for the wall. 100 percent. They don't know it yet, but they're going to pay for the wall.
- We are a multiethnic society today, and we have to realize it – but we are not and should never become a multicultural society.
- Hate speech against migrants is an important part of what we now have no tolerance for on Facebook.
- It’s not five people, it’s not ten people, it’s not 1,000 people. We are talking about millions of people arriving in bulk numbers in Greece. Who is going to feed them? Who is going to establish all the mechanisms so they can survive safely? So, I think the United States should intervene, not only the European nations.
- If you’re a criminal alien, no, you can’t stay. If you’re someone that hasn’t been here for a very long time, you can’t stay. I don’t think you’re gonna round up and deport 12 million people.
- The process that is currently in place is thorough and robust and long as it is fully implemented and not diluted…it will allow us to safely admit the most vulnerable refugees while protecting the American people.
- Every generation has had its own ugly reaction to refugees, whether the Irish, Vietnamese, Cubans or Haitians, and those fears have been broadly unfounded. In fact there was only one time in American history when the fear of refugees wiping everyone out did actually come true — and we’ll all be sitting around a table celebrating it on Thursday.
- Every restaurant in America would shut down.
- The waves of the Aegean are not just washing up dead refugees, dead children, but (also) the very civilization of Europe.