- Racial discrimination in elections in Texas is no mere historical artifact. To the contrary, Texas has been found in violation of the Voting Rights Act in every redistricting cycle from and after 1970.
- Congrats to Chelsea Clinton and husband Marc! And how long till [baby] Charlotte is asked for a yes or no about running in 2052?
- The Court is making the preposterous assumption that the People of the United States somehow silently redefined marriage in 1868 when they ratified the 14th Amendment.
- [This referendum] will be remembered as a powerful demonstration of the strength and vitality of our ancient democracy…It has reminded us how fortunate we are that we are able to settle these vital issues at the ballot box, peacefully and calmly.
- [Dotty Lynch] not only built upon her own intellect, she spotted it in diapers, brought it in, and nurtured it. And, in a way, that's her legacy. There is something that's very special about a person's passion when it becomes that person's professional endeavor - her passion was politics... She absolutely saw everything with such clarity. It made us fantastic political reporters.
- A ceasefire is what we should prioritize now. A ceasefire protects civilians on both sides. It doesn't just say, "We're only concerned about people on one side." I've been to Sderot, I have stuck with those people, talking about those rockets and that indiscriminate rocket fire - and I've also been to Gaza three times since 2009. And I can tell you, those people are absolutely devastated….we need a ceasefire now.
- I think what we have created is a timid and often craven political culture in Washington. And I think the one thing that we haven't really captured is the degree to which money is driving that. I think that Republicans are fearful of primary opponents, so they don't want to move toward the middle - they move toward the extreme.
- People told me I was crazy for giving up my seat in the state Senate, but I knew we needed change. They reminded me that no incumbent governor had ever lost a primary election. That changed tonight.
- I have 233 Republicans in the House. And you've never seen a more dedicated group of people who are thoroughly concerned about the future of our country. They believe that Obamacare, all these regulations coming out of the administration, are threatening the future for our kids and our grandkids. It is time for us to stand and fight.
- In the 2012 election, Obamacare, as it's called, and I'll be more polite - the ACA …was a major issue in the campaign. I campaigned all over America for two months, everywhere I could. And in every single campaign rally I said, 'We have to repeal and replace Obamacare.' Well, the people spoke. They spoke, much to my dismay, but they spoke. And they reelected the President of the United States.
- For the first time in our history, the winners of the White House Turkey Pardon were chosen through a highly competitive online vote. And once again, Nate Silver completely nailed it. The guy is amazing.
- And on a strategic note, Miss Cottle: before we enter the 2016 election cycle and the feminists come asking black women for our support for your candidate, you might want to read up a bit on black women and our feminism. I can send you a syllabus.