Race & Ethnicity
- We see fans of all shapes and sizes and genders in comic stores and at conventions. And we perceived there to be a real thirst for characters that reflect what we see in the mirror. From Miles Morales, the African-American Spider-Man, to the new female Thor, our goal is to make our characters reflect the outside world.
- A Palestinian has built this home with his money. Are Israelis expecting him to leave just like that?
- Israel is now an instrument in the hands of Hamas, not the opposite. Hamas doesn't care if its population suffers under the attacks or not, because the population is suffering anyway. Hamas doesn't really care about their own casualties either. They want to achieve something that will change the situation in Gaza.
- Here are white men poised to run big marijuana businesses, dreaming of cashing in big - big money, big businesses selling weed. After 40 years of impoverished black kids getting prison time for selling weed - and their families and futures destroyed. Now, white men are planning to get rich doing precisely the same thing?
- We say no to whites owning our land, and they should go…They can own companies and apartments…but not the soil. It is ours, and that message should ring loud and clear in Britain and the United States.
- It's the one thing we can all relate to no matter what religion, what color, what nationality: we can all relate to sex and love.
- The only reason [being called a thug] bothers me is because it seems like it's the accepted way of calling somebody the N-word nowadays.
- On this day in 1955, Rosa Parks defied the codes of racial segregation, igniting a civil justice movement that continues today.
- Speak out, educate, do not be intimidated by the apologists, and do not let extreme racism be mainstreamed. Hopefully there will come a time when we don't need to tell our kids that Halloween is no excuse for hate, and that blackface has no place in a civilized society.
- You know, I’ve never believed, in anything, that you had to have role models who looked like you to do something. If I’d been waiting for a black, female, soviet specialist role model, I’d be still waiting.
- We thank you, father, for the tremendous progress we have made in 50 years. That we can sit in the safe confines of this sanctuary, being protected by the city of Birmingham, when 50 years ago the city turned its eye and its ears away from us.
- From 1900 to 1940 were the most brutal years in that place. Back then, a white boy’s life wasn’t worth much and a black boy’s life wasn’t worth anything.