- In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
- One of my biggest differences has been on guns, and I'm very pleased that he flip-flopped on the immunity legislation. Now I hope he will flip-flop on what we call the 'Charleston loophole' and join legislation to close that.
- I have a very good relationship with god, a great relationship with evangelical (Christian voters).
- Of those individuals who have a chance to win the Republican primary, at this juncture, from my perspective, Ted Cruz is by far the most consistent conservative in that crowd.
- There are very clear distinctions. He can say whatever he wants about me. Let the voters judge that. But I am not going to let him or any of the other Republicans rip away the progress that we have. It has been too hard fought for. And I am going to stand up and make it clear there is a huge difference between us.
- This appears to be part of a pattern of behavior by Hillary Clinton where protocols designed to protect national security and our diplomatic efforts were cast aside. Serious legal questions are raised by these emails.
- In the days after the massacre, a lot of politicians in Washington expressed their thoughts and prayers. People said this time would be different. But since then, Congress has done something incredible: nothing at all.
- I was not elected dictator of the House.
- Our founders didn’t want some parliamentary system where if you won the majority you got to do whatever you wanted. They wanted this long, slow process. And so change comes slowly. And obviously too slowly for some.
- If that was my party, I’d feel a little ashamed.
- Today is Texas Muslim Capital Day in Austin…I did leave an Israeli flag on the reception desk in my office with instructions to staff to ask representatives from the Muslim community to renounce Islamic terrorist groups and publicly announce allegiance to America and our laws. We will see how long they stay in my office.
- They're attacking women's health.