- Where there is power, there is resistance.
- No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man’s permission when we ask him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right, not asked as a favor.
- Elie Wiesel, of blessed memory, embodied the determination of the human spirit to overcome the darkest of evils, and survive against all the odds.
- The suspect said he was upset at white people. The suspect stated he wanted to kill white people, especially white officers.
- At this point I’m not physically able to attend the opening of the Olympics.
- Just when we thought we were at the physical limit of the sport, then here comes Simone Biles. She’s the best I’ve ever seen.
- Roger is at work… The review is ongoing. And the only agreement that is in place is his existing employment agreement.
- We had to balance the collective responsibility and the individual justice to which every human being and athlete is entitled to.
- I'm not a sailing or mountaineering expert; I'm just an ordinary guy, a guy who happened to choose these challenges in order to reach my own potential.
- Isn’t it funny, you know when I came here 17 years ago and I said that I wanted to lead a campaign to get Britain to leave the European Union, you all laughed at me – well I have to say – you’re not laughing now are you?
- I’m here to tell you that the truth is nobody fully understands the challenges of the job of president until you’ve actually sat at that desk.
- The entire city of Dallas feels this to its core. We are grieving with them. I ask you say a prayer for the officers and their families. Keep them in your thoughts.