Race & Ethnicity
- The Mizzou Family stands as one. We are united. We are behind our players.
- Someone sent me an e-mail and said ‘Jeb, the term Redskins isn’t the pejorative; it’s Washington that’s the pejorative.' If they’re going to change their name, I don’t know what you’d call it, Northern Virginia Redskins or something like that.
- Let me tell you something, the only thing that separates women of color from anyone else is opportunity. You cannot win an Emmy for roles that are simply not there.
- We're still bothered over the killing of Mike Brown because we still need police reform, criminal justice system reform.
- It was execution style, a bullet in every head. This was not a dispute over a parking space; this was a hate crime.
- Albums – like books and black lives - they still matter.
- We are dealing in lethal firearms. I’m not going to let a Nazi shoot in here, or a Klu Klux Klan member in here, either.
- Oprah marched on Selma this weekend. She has a dream that Selma shall overcome The Wedding Ringer at the box office.
- Let me be very clear: the single most offensive name that you can call an American Indian is ‘Redskin.’
- The movie Selma is a story about the American Civil Rights movement that totally worked and now everything is fine.
- [We remember] Martin Luther King as an idea, Selma as an idea…what can happen with strategy, with discipline, and with love.
- [Tamir Rice’s sister] could not reach him. Her arms could not cradle his body and plead for him to hang on. Her hands could not stroke his cheek, and she could not whisper hopefully, ‘It’s going to be O.K.’ Her eyes could not gaze into his and say what sisters are able to say without saying anything: ‘I love you.