- If I had to take my family to court and convict them of being followers of Christ, I am not sure where I would find the evidence.
- It’s a struggle every day, to stay present, not to become that…eight year old who was bullied and chased home from school. Some days I wake up and it’s like I’m eight years old again. And I’m scared for my life, and I don’t know if I’m going to be beaten up that day.
- If you’re watching this - and you’re a young person, especially - if someone says something that hurts you or angers you, use me as an example of what not to do…Don’t respond with hatred or anger, because you’re just adding more ugliness to the world.
- I’m absolutely, utterly, and completely certain that God wouldn’t be homophobic. I'd much rather go to hell - I really would much rather go to hell - than go to a homophobic heaven.
- I've always said, I like my coffee like I like my men… I don't drink coffee.
- I understand how big this is. It's a big deal. No one has done this before. And it's kind of a nervous process. But I know what I want to be ... I want to be a football player in the NFL.
- I am very sad to see that the Olympic Games in Sochi, for which we have so long and anxiously prepared, will come to pass with less brilliance and passion because of this unfortunate initiative that was so hastily -- and I believe without thoughtful discussion -- adopted by parliament.
- Religion has the right to express its opinion in the service of the people, but God in creation has set us free: it is not possible to interfere spiritually in the life of a person.